1. Were you active prior to CrossFit?
Not really, I would go on long walks but not on a consistent basis.
2. When did you first start doing CrossFit?
My husband Ben and I started CrossFit a year ago.
3. What were your thoughts after your first workout?
OMG! Let’s just say I couldn’t walk or sit for quite sometime. But I knew it was exactly what I needed!
4. What do you enjoy the most about CrossFit?
I enjoy the challenge and variety of the workouts along with the tremendous support from the amazing coaches, members and my amazing husband (who works out with me every morning)! I know I could not have succeeded without them. In one year I have never once scoffed at the thought of going. I still get excited and look forward to see what the WOD is (I never peak at the website before going. I love the surprise!).
5. What were your goals when you first started?
My goal when I first started was to lose weight, be healthy and get in shape to run a 5K with my family. When I first started I couldn’t even run 200m. Last year I ran/walked my 1st 5K and a year later I ran the same 5K and shaved off 17 minutes to boot!
What are they now?
A year ago you would have never heard me say that I wanted to run a marathon but my goal over the next year is to complete a half marathon. Thanks to the inspiration of some very strong Vitality women, CrossFit Endurance and my new found love for running I know I will complete my goal!
6. What is your favorite CrossFit movement?
Kettle bell swings, Wall balls, Slam balls, and Front Squats.
7. What is your least favorite movement?
9. Talk about your results from doing CrossFit?