1. Were you active prior to Cross Fit?
I have always been active. I enjoyed competing in spring Triathlons. I finished a half Ironman in May 2011.
2. When did you first start doing Cross Fit?
I started Crossfitting in the fall of 2011
3. What were your thoughts after your first workout?
I really thought i was in pretty good shape, but the first WOD humbled me. I remember asking myself, “How can my heart rate get so high in just 3 minutes”
4. What do you enjoy the most about Cross Fit?
I love the part at the end of the WOD. When you can just lay there and catch your breath (and everyone around you is doing the same thing)
5. What were your goals when you first started?
My Goal was to just finish and survive
What are they now?
Now I want to be able to do all WODs Rx and Survive!
6. What is your favorite Cross Fit movement?
Cleans and HSPU
7. What is your least favorite movement?
Double Unders (only because I just have no rhythm. I just can't seem to get them)
8. What kind of nutrition plan do you follow and has that changed since you started Cross Fit?
I used to have the attitude of “I can eat what I want because I just ran 5 Miles”. Now i know that's just not true. If you truly clean up your diet, you will feel better and stronger.
9. Talk about your results from doing Cross Fit?
As far as results, I look back at my Progression sheets and am amazed at the difference in weights a year and a half ago to now! I honestly love to walk through Vitality doors. I still get nervous butterflies every time I hear “3, 2, 1……GO!”