I have gotten quite a few requests to add some type of “Open Gym” membership option. It is something that can work but will be on a case by case basis.
There will not be a coach on the floor during this open gym time. If coaches are training, please allow them to train as this is the only time they have to get their workouts in. They can answer quick questions you may have but if you are looking to get coached through a workout, this is not the time, you need to come to the group classes.
WHEN: We will begin the open gym time from 1:30p – 4:30p Monday/Wednesday/Friday, starting in July.
My idea of how this would work would be one of the following examples:
1. A member that has strength issues and wants to come in and work some targeted strength work to help with these deficiencies.
2. A member that wants to come in and work certain skills, such as muscle-ups/C2B/OHS/HSPU etc. etc.
3. A member that wasn’t able to make it in scheduled group class but still wants to hit the workout of the day.
4. A member wants to come in and hit some mobility or do some recovery rows.
In these cases I think that this could be a great option for some people. However, there will be strict guidelines for those that would like to take advantage of this membership.
1. If coaches are with PT clients, those PT clients will take priority when it comes to gear and space.
2. No children are allowed to come in during Open Gym Hours. You cannot leave them unattended in the childcare or on the couch.
3. Clean up and put ALL gear back when finished. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you make a mess and leave it, your open gym membership will be terminated.
4. You must have an active membership in order to have an open gym membership.
5. Do not touch the radio.
When considering whether or not an Open Gym membership is a good fit for you, we will be looking at the following:
Oly Class Attendance?
*If you are interested in coming in and haven’t attended one of Tom’s seminars on the snatch and clean and jerk, we may have that as a requirement if we don’t think the athlete has the proficiency to safely complete the Olympic movements unsupervised.
How Long Have You Been A Member?
*If you are a newer member, this option most likely will not be a good fit as you will be too new with most of these movements to safely execute them unsupervised.
Proficiency Of Movement?
*Basic understanding and ability to perform common movements like squatting, pressing, gymnastics, and bodyweight movements will be required.
*Depending on what you intend to do during Open Gym Hours will be a large part of the decision. We can talk about what you would like to do and then make a decision if it is a good fit to come and work on these goals solo.
If you are looking at Open Gym as an option, please talk with us and we can decide if it would be a good fit for you. The cost of adding an Open Gym Membership to your account would be $50/month. Email Laura@crossfitvitality.com if you’re interested.