1.Were you active prior to Cross Fit?
Yes. Always. I boxed 3x a week and ran 3 miles about 3x a week for 10 years. Before that, I would rattle around the globo- gym, trying to do my own thing but not really feeling much benefit.
2. When did you first start doing Cross Fit?
3. What were your thoughts after your first workout?
I can’t believe I just did that!! It was quite a feeling of accomplishment.
4. What do you enjoy the most about Cross Fit?
I enjoy the variety, the fact that I just go to class and do what they tell me, and that it is very social – we are hating/ loving the “suck” together!!
5. What were your goals when you first started?
Goal when I first started: survive the workout… And my goal has not changed ! 😀 seriously , my goal is to stay fit, get a little bit stronger each week, and feel good about myself: how I look and how I feel.
6. What is your favorite Cross Fit movement?
Turkish get ups
7. What is your least favorite movement?
8. What kind of nutrition plan do you follow and has that changed since you started Cross Fit?
After starting CF I started following the zone diet and still do, basically, balancing protein, carbs, and fats. I don’t exclude anything from my diet (I don’t believe in that), but I do limit sugar and don’t partake of caffeine. I like to cook and Will make a lot of paleo-friendly recipes just because they are typically healthy. I don’t eat fast food – I just don’t like how it makes me feel.
9. Talk about your results from doing Cross Fit?
CF has made me both physically and mentally stronger. I’ve learned to use positive internal conversation to get through difficult workouts, which definitely leaches into other aspects of my life. I have surprised myself at how strong I can be. I think that feeling strong and using that constructive internal voice has positively affected me in the gym and in the workplace, and has been a great example for my kids to follow!