15.1 will get announced tomorrow at 8pm EST. This means that Friday Night Lights kicks off in 2 days! We have had some questions as to how everything will work and be structured on Friday Nights. Here is the plan:
1. Coaches will be in the first heat of the day. This heat usually starts around 4:45 so there is time for the coaches to recover for a few minutes before they start judging all of you. It is always a good idea to watch this heat as you will be able to see how different athletes approach and game each workout.
2. How to get signed up for a heat. When you come into the gym, there will be a big whiteboard with heat times and numbers below each heat. Write your name on the board under what heat you want to be a part of. It is first come first serve so if you need to be in the first heat, get here early.
3. Childcare. Kids club will be open from 530p – 630p. If you don’t have a membership to the kids club, you can purchase one month and utilize this for all 5-weeks of the Open. We will have a sign-in sheet in the Daycare, please sign your child in so we can track who is utilizing this. You will not be able to leave your children unattended on the couches during Friday Night Lights, all kids must be in the Childcare or with their parents. There will be a packed house and ton going on, this is strictly for your child’s safety.
4. Warm-up. Athletes will be taking part in a number of different heats, because of this, you will be responsible for your own warm-up. Depending on what the workout is, we will designate an area for warming up. There will also be time in-between heats that you will be able to warm-up if there are BB or other equipment needed.
5. Have Fun. Don’t forget this is all about the experience. For most of you, your goal has never been to make it to The Games. Keep this in mind as your nerves are getting the best of you Friday mornings. No one, including you will most likely not remember your score or your times from these workouts, it’s all about the journey.
As always, if you have any questions, just let us know!